Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bolton 0 - Man Utd 4

My cousin bro passed me the torrent link to download the recent Man Utd game against Bolton Wanderers away in Reebok Stadium. Touted as their best performance for recent years especially the first 25 mins, I was tempted to see how good we were.

I gotta say I was not very dissapointed. A few slick passes and a couple of 1-2s shows that Man Utd post Van Nistlerooy era has been playing very fluid football.[So can we attribute Man Utd demise off late is because of the style of play is too Ruudy oriented? which resulted in stale movements]

I can see Saha + Giggs + Rooney + Evra [at times] starting to built a very good understanding with their slicing and one touches. Ronaldo having a rather quiet game at times shows his mettle, outrunning his opponent. But I gotta say I am encouraged with the prospects of Carrick-Scholes partnership. Though not up to my reserved expectation, I can see Scholes is trying his best on the field very contrast to his jogging days. Carrick has made a couple of long visioned passes which is a trademark of a world class passer.

Having said tat, are we EPL champ material yet? I doubt so, maybe its still early to tell. We need to play more of such fluid football week in week out and try playing it longer instead of just 25 mins. Maybe we havent peak, see how after Christmas ...

No comments: