Saturday, December 02, 2006

Astro Over The Internet for Free ? No Kidding !





My weekend nights has been relatively uneventful with due respect to following
my favorite football team Manchester United weekly EPL games. Whilst most
of my friends and cousin enjoys the dazzling performance of the Red Devils, I was left
alone following LIVE Text updates of the games. Why ? Because I dont have Astro, Malaysian
only Pay-Channel that shows Live Football telecast ...

However, recent visit to Singapore for training introduced me to a FREE service that can
make me glue to my PC during those LIVE EPL Games once again ! Why ?
Thanks to TVAnts ! I can now watch live channels through the NET for FREE !!!!! Yes no charge at all.

The trick ? TVAnts is a P2P program that enables its user to watch and broadcast their channels to the web. Its more or less like Bit Torrent concept where u share ur files whilst downloading it. Pretty cool huh ?

How possible is it? I have tested it on Singapore Broadband line and its pretty smooth.
A couple of my friends actually tried it back home using Streamyx ... the line is pretty slow. So I guess with a 1MB package we should get a decent transmission.

So ? why wait ? TVAnts is the obvious choice ... ! But then be forewarned.
The legal implications of it is not very clear as to whether the program is legal or not.
But till then, Manchester United ! Here I Come !

No comments: